Sunday, March 24, 2013

Messilä For the Day

In February I also went skiing at Messilä one weekend with my host family and some of their friends who were visiting. It was a lot of fun, and nice to finally get to check out the local ski area which is not far away in Hollola.
There are a few different slopes to go on and a terrain park too. This picture is from one of the bunny slopes, so there are also steeper ones too. It was a lot of fun, but earlier in the day I had a bit of trouble because I couldn't really see with the flat light. So I just went down the slopes hoping I wouldn't hit any bumps or ice because I couldn't see it. Luckily no falls.
It was a lot of fun and the views were stunning. The slopes are set up so that they are all facing the Vesijärvi and giving a birdseye view of it at that. Absolutely a beautiful scene.
Here is a picture that shows more of the lake and also the lifts. In Finland at most ski areas, they don't have chairlifts like we do in the US, but instead an anchor-like plastic structure that rests behind your legs and pushes you up the hill.
Here is the place where you can buy tickets for the slopes. There are several different places all around that you can eat, some of which are at the bottom of the slopes. It was a lot of fun at Messilä and I hope to one day go back and go skiing there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment