Sunday, August 26, 2012

"Hello" Host Family & Arriving in Lahti

By the time Saturday arrived at Karkku I was so excited to meet my first host family, but as the time ticked down to when they would arrive I began getting very nervous. Once everything was packed, I made one final treck down to the main building for breakfast and then when we came upstairs after eating, all of the host families were arriving. I started shaking a bit. What if I wasn't what they expected? Would they recognize me? Would I recognize them? I was terribly anxious to see how it would be.
 I was waiting on the steps with some of my friends when one of my roomates said to me "Dana, there is your family," and sure enough there they were; Marjatta, Mika, Helmi, and Lotta.
We stayed at Karkku for lunch and then it was time to head home to Lahti.
My room is a beautiful blue color with a nice Monet picture and wooden floors. I really like it and after everything was somewhat unpacked, at least as far as clothes go, we went for a walk.
Helmi, Lotta, and I took their dog Laku (Liquorice in English) out for a walk. He is such a nice, funny dog. Perfect for me since I have never had any sort of dog or cat before.
So this is welcome to a new home, a new city, a new country, and several months with a new family. I think that everything is going to turn out very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment