Saturday, September 8, 2012

Seasons A Changing

It's started to get cold lately and the seasons are definately beginning to change. It is no longer summer, but now autumn here in Finland.
This morning it was very nice and sunny, so beautiful that I even decided to go jogging. In yesterday's gym class we ran the 1500 around little Vesijärvi and now I just really want to run and run. Speaking of yesterday, I also saw my first Finnish movie at Finnkino. It was pretty cool how the movies work; you choose your seats when you buy the tickets instead of going through the theatre trying to find a seat like in America.

After my run this morning I rode my bike to a nearby store and helped my host parents out with a huge flea market that happens on rare occasion. It was my first time seeing a flea market, so that was kind of cool. Not everything being sold is junk. After a few hours it started to get dark so I decided it was time to head home and just in time because it started to sprinkle.

I ended up going down to the city center today too and it was pretty dark. It rained on the bus ride there but only sprinkled when I arrived. On my way back to the bus though, it began to hail. That's right, it was so cold that it started to hail.
 I was about 25ft away from my house when it started to pour down rain, so I had perfect timing. It has stopped and started and stopped again today. Raining is just a sign that autumn has come, as is the cold. Only about 40 degrees fahrenheit most mornings.
After the school the other day, I bout some beautiful sun flowers. Even when it's gray outside, they can light up a mood and turn a day around. Everything is going well here and beautiful and bright out as well, and even when it's not. I have some beautiful flowers on my desk at home to cheer me up. Have a good weekend! Hyvää viikonloppua!

No comments:

Post a Comment