Sunday, October 14, 2012

Preparing for Winter

Today has been one of those beautiful, blue sky, Finnish Sundays, that I am starting to get used to even when the school week is dark and cloudy. It's only just now 4pm so I am going to keep this brief so that I can get outside and enjoy this nice weather while it lasts.
This morning I helped outside clean up and prepare for wintertime. We had to cut down most all of the plants and take away all of the leaves out in the garden, so that come spring there wont be a lot of mushy brown leaves everywhere and things can grow again.
I actually reall enjoy raking leaves, so it wasn't too bad and it was nice to be outside. When we were taking away some of the plants you could tell that it has been below freezing here at night because the plants were partially frozen.
Well, everything outside is now ready for winter to come. I'm going to go outside and walk our dog Laku, and make the most out of this nice weather. That's all for now. Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment