Saturday, January 5, 2013

Back to December; A Birthday Party!

December 21st my youngest host sister's 12th birthday! Paljon Onnea Lotta!
About a month ago, we had our family over for a shared birthday party for Lotta and I. For the party, my host grandparents on my dad's side, several host aunts and uncles, and a host cousin came to visit.
For the party, we ate dinner and then had desert. My host sister; Helmi, baked a few delicious cakes to eat. Then my host grandparents also brought a cake for me (the red and white one on the left), and a cake for Lotta (not pictured). So we had lots of different treats.
 
Everyone sat and drank coffee and chatted and ate cake. It was a good time and nice to see everyone again and see some new faces as well.
Two of my host parents friends spent the night because they were visiting from Kuopio while their son had a hockey game in Lahti. We were up till about 2am playing a card game called Sanghai. It is so fun! You have to make different pairs 3-3, 3-4, 4-4, 3-3-3, 3-3-4, 3-4-4, 4-4-4. The pairs of 4 have to be four numbers in a row. Ex: 10, Jack, Queen, and a King, or 3, 4, 5, 6, etc. Joker cards are magic cards, so they can be anything. For a 3 pair, you just have to have three of the same card, such as three 8's of any suit. It is so much fun and so hard. You need to have all of the parts before you put you cards on the table and play. The person who runs out of cards quickest wins and the others add up the amount of cards still in their hands when the round ends. There are many parts to it, but it is a lot of fun!
Some of my new gifts that I got. Everyone has been so wonderful and generous to me, I am truly blessed.
I am a bit behind with my blog, so I don't remember too much else of what happened since it was on December 10th or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment