Saturday, January 19, 2013

Picking Out A Christmas Tree & Ice Skating

In the middle of December, I went with my host dad to pick out a Christmas tree for our house.
 It had been so cold that pretty much all of the trees had frozen. It was quite sad and funny, since some of the trees were so skinny and squished down.
 At last we found a tree to get. The trees look different from the ones we have here in America. They look a bit more cactus-like here and don't smell at all. Maybe they do smell at some point, but it disappears when frozen. Either way, that was a bit of a disappointment.
Georgia and I went down to kisapuisto, near our school to go ice skating a couple times when we didn't have class. I borrowed some hockey skates from our school and could hardly move, because they were so lose around the ankles. It was fun, but quite hard to move.
Lahti's history museum in the distance. I still need to go there to visit one day. (As seen from kisapuisto. "Puisto" means "park" in Finnish).
A view of my school during the wintertime. It looks so nice covered in snow, but there are also some enormous icicles hanging from the roof in some places. I sure would'nt want to get hit by any of those.

---
Just a note:
Sorry I've taken so long to update, I have been incredibly busy this month (January/Tammikuu), but I will get everything caught up when I can. Starting with all that happened in December (which is quite a lot), and moving up to the present time. Kiitos

No comments:

Post a Comment